Sunday 7 August 2016

20 days to go

After Wednesday's walk, I realised that in order for me to do more walking/running, I will need something to protect my knees. They were quite painful for several days. Unfortunately I didn't get them yet, so until then I will not do any major walking. 

For some reason however I have been feeling a bit down in the dumps as well. And very tired for some reason. I tried for some good nights' sleep, but last night was interrupted by a smoke alarm. Don't worry, it was only some beeps to tell me the battery was empty, but still. 

Today I was supposed to cycle my four laps again. Looking outside however, I see the flags standing at attention and the wet on the window. Of course I could come up with lots of excuses like being tired or not wanting to have a snotty nose again or it being too painful to my wrists. But the fact of the matter is: I Don't Want To! There, I said it. I don't want to today. I just want to enjoy my day off. Watch a bit of television (Olympics probably) and potter along at home. 

So, no training today. I will start afresh tomorrow (with ankle and wrist protectors)!

3 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    "I don't want to" is fine every now and then Mara - you have been going along marvellously - and I guess the ever-nearing date will be starting to play in the background of the mind. Just think blueberries and other such rewards for all that effort - not to mention knowing you got across that line!!! Rest up - and don't do as I have done and forget to sleep for two nights due to the Os... but hey, I have to get my sport from the armchair - it ain't gonna happen any other way for me these days!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikey Mara ... If you don't want to .... DON'T!!! You've deserved a day off! Vegetate for a while and ENJOY it, guilt free. Even a couple of days. Down in the dumps is no good but a break and you'll bounce back stronger than ever. ICECREAM .... Eat some ICECREAM. That fixes everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The physical therapist told me to listen to my body. If there is pain not just sore muscles, give it a rest.

    ReplyDelete