Sunday 24 July 2016

34 days to go

My partner in crime is on holiday, so my cycle trip for today would have to be done alone. Last night I didn't feel quite up to it and the big question of course was: would I go through with it? Well, the alarm went at 8.30am, Miss Oswin came demanding for food at 8.45am and in the end I got out at 9. Got some breakfast, filled the water bottle, remembered (in the end) to take Gizmo and made my way to the basement.

As I was cycling to the start, I knew I would do three laps instead of four this time. Basically, because just cycling to the start meant I had over half a lap already. Which in turn meant that by the time I had cycled home, I would have more than a lap. Which was all I wanted. 

I did four laps. Plus the bits from home to start and finish to home. My average speed was up by nearly 1,5 km an hour (close to a mile faster), I wasn't as exhausted and when I got home, instead of congratulating me on reaching today's goal, Gizmo informed me there was still a bit to do today...

Perhaps a little walking trip to the fruit stand? The long way around??

3 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    That oughtta do it... darn gizmo - no give and take! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS hard to stop once you start feeling hood with it all, aye? Gizmo sounds like a tough task master. He sure is keeping you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does get easier but I do not like when the gizmos say there is more to go.

    ReplyDelete