Friday 29 July 2016

29 days to go

The blueberry picking tour that I had planned was cancelled. It rained and rained and rained and rained. Instead, me and my friend went blueberry picking yesterday. It rained on and off all day, but when we started, it was nice and dry and quite pleasant. Until we got to the blueberry bushes, where I stepped on an ant hill (clever) and was eaten by almost every single midge around. At least, that's what it feels like. 

Today would be the jogging training. But again, it rained and rained and rained. And I have this slight aversion of getting wet and then having to walk/jog in the wet for five kilometers. Call me a baby if you want, but I would rather not get ill at this point in time. So, we cancelled. Of course the weather started clearing up by then, but we had cancelled, so cancelled it was.

The guilt however. The guilt! So, I told myself that I would do a five kilometer walk later. I had my dinner. I watched television. I was comfortable on the couch. It was 8.45pm. 

And then? I got dressed. Went looking for my iPod. Went looking for the ear plugs. And yes, a little over 9pm, I made it out the door. 

I walked for just over 5 kilometers. Tried to keep my speed above 5 kilometers per hour (managed that, averaged at about 5,3). Only stopped once to pick a raspberry, but found that a little worm had gotten there before me. He was welcome to the raspberry.

I may have chickened out this afternoon. But I am happy I did this walk tonight. It might not have been jogging, but I got out of the house and got my excellent for today!

4 comments:

  1. Die ging mis. Euh. Wat ik wilde zeggen, was: Yes! That IS the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Strength of will is what gets ya across that line Mara... the spirit indeed! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey Mara ... Good on you ... That's commitment for you ... Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That getting up and going is almost as hard as the actual work out. Go, Mara!!!!! Cheering you on from deep in the heart of Texas.

    ReplyDelete