Sunday 31 July 2016

27 days to go

As I got out of bed this morning, I heard the rain. Not the best start of today's training. But, once I made my way to my bike, it had let up a bit, so I was hopeful. After all, I had a thin raincoat on over my cycle gear.

I cycled to the start and began my first lap. I wasn't even a kilometer in when the heavens opened. For real. Within minutes I was soaked. It was so not fun, it was unbelievable. Half way through the lap, I saw this woman jogging. In the still pouring rain. We smiled at each other, asked if we were having fun, gave each other the thumbs up and continued. 

I was certain that I would only do one lap and go straight home. Sod (sorry for my French) the training. But, the rain let up and I continued on to lap 2. Which was all I was going to do. After all, I was soaked. Lap 3 was completed (the sun came out) and then I figured I might as well do the fourth lap as well. So, I did. 

I then started cycling home. A different route from the way to, but in my view an easier route as well. Just straight ahead and no bother from cars and angry motorists thinking I cycle too slow (which I do). And just when I thought I could continue a bit more, the heavens opened once again and this time I had had enough. I just wanted to go home and take a shower. 

I was wet throughout. From hair to toes, I was soaked. Even though I had worn a raincoat. I did a bit more than last week (about a kilometer I would say), but for some reason Gizmo decided that that was good enough for today. I am not arguing! 

3 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    No, never argue with a gizmo - it might spit chips. You, on the other wheel, already deserve a medal. Though a good hot shower and a wee sit doon will be about as rewarding I guess!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are amazing to be so determined! Go, Mara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey Mara. Aunty's right. You deserve a medal. Even a TROPHY!! You go, girl!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete