Friday 24 June 2016

64 days to go

I was going to go, honestly I was. But this time I have a real good excuse. Because last night after I got home, my left ear started hurting and before long it hurt quite badly. In addition to that, the top of the jaw right below the ear started hurting as well. 

So, this morning I went to see the doctor and she told me that even though I haven't got an ear infection, I do have an ear canal infection. Basically, the ear drum is fine, it's the canal leading up to it that is red and swollen and looks quite painful. The right ear is affected as well, but only to a minor degree. 

She prescribed me some ear drops, to be used three times a day for at least 10 days and told me that it was best if I were not to swim for the duration as well. Now, you are probably going: but that is swimming, she doesn't swim at the gym does she? And no, I don't. But I had to turn the radio down on the bus several times today because it hurt and the music at the gym is a. terrible and b. loud. The a. can be overcome, the b. not so much. Besides that, I feel every single movement. Even turning my head is a grrr...

By the way, the infection is probably caused by the using of q-tips, which I am now definitely not allowed to do anymore. It might have been okay had I not started swimming in bird-poo-water and gotten my ears filled with said water several times. 

Ah well, it can't be helped right now. Although I will miss the swimming, I actually got to like it a lot more than I thought I would...

2 comments:

  1. Earplugs. And maybe warm alcohol in each ear to break the water tension... Now I sound like a Mom for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari om
    Oh dear; yes those cotton buds are a bit of a nuisance on wet ears, often pushing things in rather than drawing them out. We were taught to simply drop each ear side-on and allow any flood to run out of its own accord. Janice's suggestion would work too ☺. Be better soon. You were getting the hang of it!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete