Saturday 9 July 2016

49 days to go

Photo by my friend
The order during this holiday period was: one cycle training, one walking/jogging training and one swimming training per week. Minimum! So, I walked on Tuesday, cycled on Wednesday and swam on Thursday. 

And today? Well, we went up to Valhest, a mountain top not too far from where I live. I had asked some friends to come along as well and the three of us made our way to the place where we would start from. I wanted one way, they said the other way (thank you: extra mile of up and down!), but we got to the starting point anyway. 

None of us had been there before. None of us knew what it was going to be like. One thought it was a completely different direction. Another pointed to a mountain top and declared that was the one! Ehm... no! Turned out, we had to go over one mountain ridge, a bit down and then up again to another mountain ridge. Then we had to walk along that ridge until we got to Valhest. Three hours later. 

The view was fantastic, the company was superb and the weather played along as well. A brilliant, if really tiring day (not to mention the amount of mud I got on me, partly because I slid and fell into... mud).

3 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Wow... maybe it's just as well there was an unknown quantity to it, that way you could just keep going out of curiosty! Looking good there gal!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mara ... You're looking GREAT!!!!' What a wonderful walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super!!!! Look at how well you are doing.

    ReplyDelete