Saturday 18 June 2016

70 days to go

Today I did not do any regular training at all. Instead I went to Olalia (for those uninitiated: it's in the mountains). And one of the first things I noticed (as did my friend), was that I didn't wheeze and whistle as much. Nor did I need to gasp for air every 50 meters during an uphill bit of the walk. 

Yes, I got out of breath, but I managed to keep talking and walking. Once on the top of any incline, I kept going. It all felt so much easier. I was faster. My friend didn't have to wait for me. Well, apart from one bit, but even she was struggling then! The only reason she was faster (she said) was because of all the flying creepies that were pestering her. 

At the end of the day I had walked close to 14 kilometers. A lot of uphill and a lot of downhill. A lot to see and that meant a lot to take photos of. It might not have been a regular training at all. But it showed me how far I've come in the few short weeks I have been working out. 

1 comment:

  1. You're going ahead in leaps and bounds, aye?? AND that walk was so beautiful. Love this header too. The look on your face is priceless.

    ReplyDelete